We thank all of you for being a part of the Music Computing community forums. In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Staff Members.
- When registering, nonsensical words are not allowed. For example xjghxhkl can not be a valid forum name.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate Music Computing community standards. The Music Computing team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other products or services.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
- Posts arguing about company policies are not allowed. If you do not agree with company policies, please contact one of the Staff Members.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited. Note: The only exception to this is for language pack submissions as described below.
You should never give out your Music Computing customer number or password to anyone. We cannot take responsibility if you disclose this information to anyone else.
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by Music Computing and it is not an affiliate program link for Music Computing or any other affiliate program.
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Music Computing community standards. The Music Computing team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- All signatures must be made in English
- Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
- Use of the Music Computing logo in avatars is not allowed.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following limits
- You can't have both text and images in your sig
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 characters per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
- Animated images in a signature are not allowed
We also have some rules that apply for certain forums
The public forum is where registered Music Computing owners and fans can gather to chat about almost anything, technical or non-technical in nature. If you have a question that doesn't fit into any other forum, or just want to chat, this is the place.
Music Computing Technical Support Forum
The Technical Support forum is where registered customers of Music Computing can visit to chat about issues they may be experiencing with their Music Computing product.
Third-Party Disputes and Customizations
We will not mediate third-party disputes due to third-party purchases. Third-party purchases include software, hardware, add-ons, third party modifications, purchasing second-hand licenses, or any product not directly purchased from Music Computing, Inc.
Purchasing these items from another company is done at your own risk. If you have an issue with a third-party regarding their support or conduct then you will need to handle it through the means they provide. Any such threads on this topic will be closed.
We cannot provide support for third-party customizations.
Although the administrators and moderators of the Music Computing Community Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Music Computing Community Forum, nor Music Computing, Inc. will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws.
The owners of the Music Computing Community Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Any disputes with the staff of the Music Computing Community Forums will be handled in private through the Private Message System. If you wish to escalate any issue with staff then please visit: http://www.MusicComputing.com/contact.
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.